PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boarding pass with wrong name issued after on line check in
Old 7th Apr 2019, 03:00
YorkshireTyke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She caught a later flight but was charged extra for it.
This is totally evil, but happens all the time. I once arrived earlier than previously planned at an intermediate stop where a change of carrier was involved. I asked if there was a seat available on the earlier flight than the one I was booked on, and about to depart ? Yes, Oh ! good, I have my later flight boarding pass, no luggage, can I go now ? Yes, welcome, pay me $50. Why ? Administrative fee. What ? I agree that if I had contacted you before arrival you might have had some massive amount of admin. to complete, but here I am, there is the gate about to close, I have no luggage, you don't provide catering ( a local puddle-jumper ) and you say that there is a seat available that is "free" seating, no seat numbers have to be issued, I just walk on. No. OK, if I fill one of your empty seats now, you may be able to re-sell my previous one for the afternoon flight. No, only if you pay us $50. Get stuffed, and I sat in front of the desk for the rest of the time reading my book and occasionally laughing at them. But of course they didn't care.