PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Stuck Manual Trim Technique
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2019, 10:04
KRH270/12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by GordonR_Cape
AFAIK checklists were introduced to standardise training, and avoid risky seat-of-the-pants flying. Pitch and power is rarely part of standard flying. Unfortunately those checklists don't cover multiple simultaneous warnings, let alone the underlying AOA faults. Ironically, a very short AOA disagree checklist would have helped a lot, but this output was not even included as standard on the flight display. Instead the pilots had to fall back on several half-baked checklists, emergency ADs, and intuitive diagnosis.
No its not, i got. about 13k h on the 737 and all the hefty non normals start like this -> A/P OFF, A/T OFF

and then??? Its good old pitch and power, thats not Seat-of-the-pants-flying, its basic flying Skills that are required.

its pitch and power that keeps you airborne...

I agree with you that Boeing messed this one up big time. And i am not blaming the Crew here.

But when most big non normals like engine failures, windshear, runaway stab., TCAS RA, EGPWS warnings, stall recovery require manual flight manual throttle.... you better have well trained pilots on that flight deck rather then minimum trained operators....