PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tayside Aviation degree Program
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2019, 18:11
anchorhold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyguy199.... I have never really been convinced with aviation degree programs in conjunction with ATPL and flying training, I really do not think it would make any difference if you are going to have a career as a pilot. However, having a university degree prior to pilot training may benefit you in the long term, especially if it is a subject like physics or aeronautical engineering and on that basis I can think of a number of people who have made it right up to the top had degrees before training as pilots. In fact a former fleet captain of BA and the Concorde fleet had a PhD (chemistry I think). On the other hand I can think of a number of other pilots who have become fleet captains or management, having subsequently gained aviation management degrees (BSc/BA hons or MSC). As previously mentioned, if you do a degree the UAS is an option, but the UAS is there (funded by taxpayers) for those with a serious interest in military aviation, of course it might inspire you to apply become an Army, RN or RAF pilot.