PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Wrong Deck Landing
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2019, 14:37
albatross

Received 156 Likes on 78 Posts
In my time I got zapped for one " Wrong Deck Landing".
End of day round robin to 4 rigs.
Near departure time dispatch called and added a pick up of a crew at a "unmanned platform" and drop them off on the FPSO.
Standing in OPS with my Co-Capt at my side I repeated the new destination ID 3 times (Lets call it JB404) ...they comfirmed.
We modified our FP and called dispatch back and repeated our route. They confirmed.
We thrashed off to destination 1. Sitting on the deck I requested from the controlling FPSO landing clearance at JB404 which was 3 miles away. They cleared us to land. We departed, called final and landed on JB404.
Landed on JB404 .....nobody there. Called the FPSO and informed them ...after a very long pause they replied that the crew was actually on GB 604 20 miles away.
Fuel not being a problem we requested TO clearance and proceeded to 604 picked up the crew and dropped them on the FPSO.
When we got back I filed a report as an "incorrect deck landing" a problem with routing leading to landing on a platform to which you have been cleared to land VS a "wrong deck landing" on a platform to which you do not have a clearance.

Nope ....dispatch insisted that they had done nothing wrong, always told us the correct platform and that we had done a wrong deck landing.
So even though we had clearance to land ...we got zapped for a wrong deck landing.
After that I always insisted in a hard copy of the routing.
As I was the designated Capt. that day my good friend, and co-Capt that day...had many a good laugh over beers as he told the story of the "Lost Albatross."
212man may remember this little incident.

Last edited by albatross; 5th Apr 2019 at 14:58.