PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QAZAQ Air...Q400 drivers, DON'T go there!
Old 5th Apr 2019, 10:33
Cactuskeeper90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QAZAQ Air Q400

Hello to all,
I have read the story of "bgombgom" about Qazaq air and about the country.
I believe that my experience there will be useful for you.
As far as I know, the previous CEO was dismissed from his position due to the fact that he strongly hoped and trusted the DFO, which did not cope with it's duties. I personally know local Kazakh pilots and all of them have their flight licenses as well as the University degree. These people immediately notice the injustice that is why they prefer to work in an honest way.
The fact that these pilots resist injustice and receive the support from the Kazakh CAA is fair, and in this specific case, the responsibility of the CAA is to protect its citizens. Do not forget that Qazaq Air is 100% government-owned company, not a private company and therefore has support at the state level.
For these reasons the former DFO had to work appropriately , and not as he used to organize work in previous airlines. More over I believe that he even should be grateful that he could left this country without any prosecution for job violations. He should not forget about the possibility of the inspection which may still be following him in the future.
Also there is no segregation in this beautiful multi-racial and multi-ethnic country and there cannot be historically. Local staff are friendly and open and therefore none of the expat pilots, except for one or two, have left or leave the company. And there are no better options for them...