PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tayside Aviation degree Program
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2019, 08:40
Aviationdaily95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never had any training at ACS however their operation, aircraft and facilities run from Perth do seem slick and nicely presented.
Having had experience training with tayside I can confirm that all instructors I've flown with have the highest level of professionalism and standard but can still create a fun/pleasant atmosphere on the ground. Pre and post flight briefs are all very comprehensive and everyone pitches in should others need help. Regarding the degree, say what you will. 100% employment with airlines and instructor placement putting everyone in a flying job- The academia, in fairness might not be the most taxing piece of work- however why send your son/daughter to a university waste 3 years paying for something that has no relevance?? That airlines wouldn't care about? and the part that really matters e.g (flight training) hasn't even been touched on yet? ACS Flight Training? Tayside Aviation? its a choice. each have equal advantage. If you already have a degree ACS may be for you? Analysis the facts and judge what's best for you that way instead of rumour. it's a big decision at the end of the day with a lot of money involved.

The Degree cost £50,000 which includes full time ATPL GS 5 day weeks (on site), required hour building, CPL, FIC, MEP, IR and the MCC. One course- 3 years, 1 instructor work placement (instead of being put in a holding pool working at Tesco with an airbus type rating) seems pretty good in my opinion. Last time I checked you won't find that kind of flight training that includes and FI and everything required for airline ready for under £55,000. Other schools courses may be equally as good but can only say on personal experience- there is a lot of un just slating on here and wouldn't want anybody to miss out for the sake of negativity.