PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In need of some advice
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2019, 08:28
Boeing727277

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In need of some advice

Hey all.
This is my first post here and I'm currently studying for my CASA CPL, with a significant problem, I've always hated exams, scoring maximum marks of 70's and low 80's for advance maths and physics in high school, I've always had bad concentration during them and this has lead to being forgetful, clumsy and making simple mistakes.
Today I failed my CASA CPL performance (aeroplane) exam for the third time with a mark of 69% (I know right!)
This leaves me with a 3 month mandatory re-training period in which I need to do some serious thinking about my future.
I am enrolled in a integrated course and already completed my PPL and most of my command hours, which have been paid for with student loans so I am in a significant amount of debt.
I am seeking advice about what I should do, my main ambition is to get into an airline and fly charter for the first few years, but I'm not sure if it's worth going ahead and re sitting an exam with the fails on your record, will potential employers look at your past exams and failures? This exam seems to cause nearly everyone grief, with around 60% of people failing on the first attempt (and the people who pass barely pass, 75% ect).
Flying for a living is the only thing I've wanted to do, and I'm quite lost at the moment.
Thanks in advance.