PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Pacific recruitment
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2019, 06:35
alohadje

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

Just had an interview with them. It lasted more than an hour. It is first a skype interview, if you pass, you ll have an ADAPT test online ( you have to pay for it, dont remember exactly but I think it was around 150$).

You are in front of 2 captains.
First they talked a bit about Jetstar Pacific, you introduce yourself and your background.
they ask you why Vietnam and why Jetstar Pacific?
They put you in a situation and ask you how you would respond to it (captain doing something you are not comfortable with, how to ask him to do something safer because you are not comfortable)
questions about the weather radar and how to operate it. Where the winshear and predictive windshear get the information from?
2 memory items: 1 you choose and one they ask you
they ask you to explain one system (elec, hydro...) and then they ask you a few questions about it (basic questions, just to know if you understand what you are saying or you just learnt by heart)
- some limitations : v speed for ldg retraction, extension and extented ( in ias and MACH), turbulence speeds, etc...

all in all, very nice chaps and very relax interview. If the company is as relaxed as the interview was, it might be a very nice adventure.

Secondly, you do an ADAPT test. I ve gotta say that it was not the easiest test ever. around 60 ATPL questions ( taken out of the 15000 data questions for the ATPL theory), then some hardcore multi tasking ( I did not even have time to finish the instructions, it was timed so I started the exercice without knowing exactly what to expect), then exercices on your memory ( 8 bubbles in a row with diff colours, 5 sec to memorize and then choose among 4 options which one it was. Same type of questions with an audio clearance and with a serie of numbers... and it finished with some math questions.

If you pass, you are invited for a sim (it was in Saigon for me). Normal sim, pretty much the same as a standard OPC with some steep turns and expedite climb and descent added. No real trick. They just wanna see if you can fly an aircraft without automation and raw data.
Bear in mind, you ll have to pay for your flight ticket and the Visa upon arrival (50$) on top of the ADAPT test. They will take care of the papers for your landing Visa, your hotel and transport.

Hope it helps. Please share your experience aswell if you went for it.