PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Software Fixes Due to Lion Air Crash Delayed
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 09:59
HarryMann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apart from still being in shock after reading those last few truly frightening posts...
A question:
Where in the certification requirement is the overlaying and stacking of both warning, activation of and/or inhibition of, flight control safety systems discussed ?
This surely is covered in detail since the (discovery/understanding) of cognitive overload issues.
Also 2nd an 3rd segment climb phase seems to have been given insufficient cockpit workload attention for combinations of crew and systems errors.

E.G. Stick shaker activation surely should at least have precluded the need for repetitive MCAS intervention...
this combination MUST have been foreseen and particularly for this early flight regime.

And on a panoramic overview scale, if MCAS implementation, let alone its Certification, once 2.5° chunks of stab trim were first proposed, every single authority and engineer involved should have had their hackles raised; better sleepless nights and fractious debate back then...
than regrets now!

"Where have all the good men gone ?

Up where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning splits the sea
I could swear there is someone, somewhere
Watching out for me
Through the wind, and the chill, and the rain
And the storm, and the flood
I can feel his approach in my blood "

Apologies for that...
But 'The Hero' was needed and either MIA or possibly found wanting ☹

Last edited by HarryMann; 3rd Apr 2019 at 10:14. Reason: Improvement