PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 09:48
G-FORZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 22/04
What are Flybe offering pax on cancelled flights - any effort to re-book or just a refund, I hope they are treating them reasonably for the future of the business, although customer loyalty doesn't count for much today so there isn't as much to lose as in the past.

Not sure that Connect Airways will be involved at the operational level yet. They may be not recruiting crew at the moment as they expect to need fewer to operate future schedules and possibly they have an idea where the routes are that are likely to go so allowing the brunt of disruption to fall there but that is as far as it goes.

For all the bleating on here about DSA and CWL doing deals with local authorities/devolved governments so that an operator uses aircraft on unfavourable leasing terms they can't rid themselves of on routes which take holidaymakers on routes that are operated on commercially viable basis from an airport or airports just down the road is not a viable long term strategy for an airline. If I lived in Cardiff or Doncaster I wouldn't want my council tax to fund it.
My understanding is that FlyBe's arrangements at DSA are with Peel the airport operator not Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council.