PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Air 767 down/Texas
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 08:54
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HR rules, k o?

Originally Posted by Chiefttp
Airbubba,
there is a common thread in your list of accidents. HR departments have taken over Pilot hiring from the Pilots! A friend at UPS was turned down at United because he didn’t perform well on some table top sim evaluation. He was an F-14 Tomcat Pilot in the Navy! The Hogan test has prevented many highly qualified pilots from pursuing a position at many other airlines as well.
As far as the quality of freight pilots vice pax..the two highest paid pilot groups in the US are Fed Ex and UPS by far, and if you look at retirement benefits it’s not even in the same galaxy, so I’m pretty sure at least UPS and FedEx have their pick of the litter over the last few years.
I wonder how many competent 73NG captains were rejected by Jet2 HR department due to the Compass Test farce?

I know of at least several ex-XL candidates who were OK'd by pilot interviewers but jettisoned by this totally unsuitable selection tool.

And yes, I was one and following the shabby treatment of a colleague who did get employed by them I'm glad the fickle finger of fate moved me in another direction!