PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Airlines info help
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2019, 01:48
fuelsurvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by havick

Canada airline 737 FO and CA time is good time of course. But it’s certainly not as valuable as you think it iis in the eyes of a legacy or major recruiter in the US.

Just to put things in perspective. There’s plenty of good candidates in US operations flying 777, 767, 737 as CA and not getting calls from majors.

There’s also a LOT more stranded in the Middle East with thousands of hours left seat in heavy metal.

Honestly, you have to swallow the fact you will probably end up at a regional first and then either side step to a place like Omni or Kalitta and then to a major.

Slim chance you MAY get picked up right off the bat with your fresh green card in hand but I highly doubt it. I genuinely hope you can prove me wrong though!

just keep in mind that aviation in the US is MUCH bigger than anywhere else in the world and as such, what you think is valued highly in your country, is really normal or even below par in the US.

best of luck!
I totally agree I thought I'd be a shoe in with 5 type rating, many thousands of hours including jet Pic and my fresh degree and green card in hand
After a few job fairs and lots of applications I realized it was a regional or nothing
I still moved to the US and love it. No regrets I am commuting to China though !