PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna Aerobat
Thread: Cessna Aerobat
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2003, 03:57
Tinstaafl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Less power in the Cont. O-200 C150 vs the Lyc. O-235 C152 ie 100hp vs 110hp. MTOW 727kg vs 752kg (or thereabouts. It's been 10yrs since I last operated them).

The aerobat is slightly heavier than the non-aero model (~20kg?). Quite a few extra rivets in it and, I think, some thicker aluminium. It has skylights in the roof (optional on the standard models), 4 point harnesses, removable seat cushions to allow for flat pack parachutes and quick-release door hinge pins. The aerobat also has an aerobatic approved engine

The standard C150/152 can operate in Utility category ie +4.4/-1.76g. It's approved for intentional spins.

The aerobat model is certified in the aerobatic category @ +6/-3 g. It's approved for spins, loops, rolls (aileron, barrel & snap), stall turns and combinations of these. Some of the limiting speeds are different eg Vne & Vno.

They're my favourite basic trainer.

Forgot to add

Like many Cessna singles they're all equipped with Cessna's 'Land-o-matic' (tm) undercarriage & 'Omni-vision' (tm) rear window . Their 'Nav-o-matic' (tm] autopilot is a possible option.

Last edited by Tinstaafl; 29th Oct 2003 at 21:07.