PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2019, 10:35
jetsolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CitizenoftheWorld

Nothing really, hence my surprise at not making it through to the next round. I wonder as it’s read by PredictiveHire software I didn’t use the right buzz words... the only other thing is , I’m 45 however I would be highly surprised if Qantas was age discriminative!
While I have no idea why you were unsuccessful in your application, I can assure you Qantas is not age discriminative. When I was hired several years ago I was 54. The last intake 7 months ago had numerous newcomers to Qantas who were well into their 50’s. One of the newbies was 58 years young.
I can only assume trigger words are very important in making your application stand out to the recruitment team but each new intake there seems to be no decisive answer as to what the recruiters are looking for specifically. All I can say to any of you who do receive a rejection e-mail is not to take it personally. It doesn’t mean your previous experience doesn’t count and wouldn’t be an asset to Qantas, it just means this wasn’t your time for whatever the reason is. I have flown with numerous crew who applied up to 5 times before they were successful. Any and all of you with a passion for flying and for representing our national airline would all make excellent crew members. If you’re not successful this time around, get up brush yourself off and get ready to apply the next time. It will happen