PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Air 767 down/Texas
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2019, 10:22
ironbutt57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4runner
The “thump” was the Jumpseater bouncing off the ceiling. The FO had a history of doing this. He was terminated from a previous airline according to a very reliable source. HR is in charge of all pilot hiring at atlas. They hit -4 g’s.
this from the boxes folks, heard the same thing from my insider connection, jumpseater thrown from under his unfastened belt, Captain sheared the control breakaway pulling so hard to override the FO who had his column forward, it is thought as flaps were called for, somehow the Capt inadvertently hit the TOGA levers, which then caused TOGA to activate when flaps "1" were selected, the pitch and startle factor caused the FO to aggressively move his controls nose down, with the captain fighting him to no avail, when the aircraft came clear of the clouds then the FO made some exclamation and began to pull back on the controls, but apparently not aggressively enough , I was not privy to the actual conversation on the CVR, this account was heavily redacted, might be a bit before all the story is heard, the word I heard used to describe it was "shocking"