PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2019, 09:42
Cazza_fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TimmyW
Poor start to the summer Schedule from DSA. 3 days in and more than half the flights cancelled.
No 2nd aircraft has been brought in, hence the cancellations. Expecting to see a cull of routes soon.
Wrong again TimmyW. Where do you get your information from? A second aircraft HAS actually been "brought in" to DSA and operated a full timetabled schedule yesterday.

What is infact happening is an operation-wide crew shortage. Both flight crew and cabin crew. I would probably go to say they will soon be in crisis mode if not already. Flybe however only have themselves to blame. No solid reassurance for their employees jobs before and now after the consortium take-over. This coupled with an extremely late winter schedule release - which would have reassured employees of future plans, then i can fully understand why so many have left or jumped ship to other airlines. I'm also not aware of any recruitment campaigns to make up for these losses, so i can't see the crewing issues ending any time soon.