PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 1st Apr 2019, 20:11
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its still some time before I will be able to send my application. But I do still read the forum because I wish to know what to expect. And now since someone mentioned DODAR and NITS was not necessary I started to wonder. Because from most topics I read and what I heard from the ATPL course lecturer (FO in Ryan Air) at my school. Ryan Air is the airline where DODAR and NITS are like almost mandatory on the assessment and SOP is even more important than in other airlines + stabilized approach, from what I heard (I do not know if its true) many other airlines do not fire pilots for not being stabilized on the approach and not performing a go around then.

But maybe its not so important and thinking all the time during an assessment "can I do the DODAR + NITS is it now, now?, now?" or doing a go around at the slightest feeling of non stable approach (while it was stable) is not a good idea. But from what I heard its supposed to be almost like if you do not do DODAR + NITS when they do the interruption "emergency or sick passenger" then you fail. I hope to know much more about what is the proper approach to the assesments after doing a VA APS MCC (hopefully they know what the airlines really expect).

PS. I believe its very frustrating for people to just get the message "you failed" with not even a single sentence what to do better or what to work on. Just imagine if it was the same way on ATPL theory exams, I believe people would totally "freak out" if the exam just gave you the score and no info about what you did answer wrong. We would have 100 000s of conspiracy theories. Of course I do understand that most airlines do not have enough time to give any feedback to the candidates. If I failed an assessment I would for sure buy more time at the APS MCC provider to "redo" a similar sim exercise to understand what could be done better and then work on it. Then there is also a possibility of failing the HR part.... then its not so easy to discover what is wrong and possibly something wrong for one airline is something good for another one since HR is probably not like mathematics where the answer is correct or wrong (except from obvious HR failures but those are probably noticeable at the APS MCC training stage).