PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Software Fixes Due to Lion Air Crash Delayed
Old 1st Apr 2019, 17:48
Ian W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SamYeager
Perhaps, just perhaps, the flight crew were being distracted by all the other stuff going on and to them the wheel trim didn't seem to be doing much wrong? Maybe a third pilot should be mandated in future in all non US locations since we all know US pilots are super experienced and knowledgeable!

More seriously I wonder whether Boeing thought through what the cockpit environment would be like for this type of failure with a number of different alarms and failures being indicated by systems.
If you have read my other posts, I have raised the issue of the human factors nightmare that the cockpits of modern aircraft are after a minor fault. The same happened in AF447 from 'just' an iced pitot. There should be more concentration on the cacophony of alarms from just one minor problem as the alarms themselves become a problem in their own right.

That does not alter the issue that the one failure that every 737 pilot worldwide was talking about for weeks was MCAS and switching off Stab Trim. A mandatory AD was issued, the entire break down of what could happen was in open discussion in even the tabloid press. MCAS was no longer a mystery. Yet after all that a 737 crew with the same issues _still_ did not switch off Stab Trim?