PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WOW Airlines
Thread: WOW Airlines
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2019, 13:26
Krugerpark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reality check

Hi all,

The following was discussed on a board meeting this morning.

We've been getting a lot of questions why ÍFF is not helping members out financially. Here's a little reality check.

ÍFF is little more than 4 years old with less than 200 members and that's only the last year. We started out as 15 members. Do the math! In other words we are a micro union but with a big heart. We have obligations towards members with regards to the Health and Sick Fund and claiming your unpaid salaries. For that we have to pay our lawyer a fee. We also have to pay Guðrún Birna her salary plus a lot of other expenses.

We are doing our best to gather information on jobs out there and setting up roadshows like today's show with Parc.

We are also offering our facilities to former ÍFF members that were WOW air management staff like Reynald, who is signing logbooks and Davíð that will be handing out the training documents.

Needless to say our funds are not as big as the other union's like VR and FFÍ. You've probably heard that VR is paying some salary for their members and FFÍ is assessing their situation. We are not in ASÍ (the big collective Labour Union) and we can not afford to take a loan to pay you the amount of the claim beforehand. In other words we can not pay you any salary due to size of our funds.

ÍFF will remain operative until **** storm is over!

Best regards and good luck with the job hunt,

The Board and alternates.

Dear board, with small cases,

i have done the math:
since I f**** joined the local contract iff took 800k isk from me alone... and I get one half of what your president ( small cases) again earn!

So I have done the math...

you should all be ashamed of yourself.