PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are we told the pilots' names?
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2019, 09:13
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
I would add that on SW trains or railway- different letter same problems guard often give their name and sometimes a bit of a chatty introduction and I think its rather nice to have a personal touch- after all many peopelw e interact with daily wear badges and since pilots are either shut away or have their backs to you why not give their names.

When I lived in Scandinavia (Sweden ), my colleagues us to test me on where the pilot was from because of their accent or name , I do not know if it is still the same but back then the cabin crew om international flights were usually from the point of origin but the pilots could be from any of the three Scandi countries so going to LHR from Arlanda the CC were like Swedish but the pilots could be Danish or Norwegian, prompting the inevitable comments about are they sober-if Danish and are the competent if Norwegian in line with the usual like did like relationship among neighbouring countries.

not sure about only giving first name for the flight crew but thats me being old fashioned I am sure