PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Software Fixes Due to Lion Air Crash Delayed
Old 1st Apr 2019, 03:58
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by edmundronald
I think this shows a difficulty - certification procedures are supposed to be public.
How can the public trust a certification process if it is "confidential" between an aircraft manufacturer and a certification authority which is delegating authority to the manufacturer?

Edmund

Edmund
When I mentioned I know more than I can publicly discuss, I was referring to the accident investigation, not cert. As I've posted many, many times, information regarding an accident investigation is only to be made public by the lead investigators. Granted, some of the information relates to how the cert went wrong, but again that's part of the investigation - I'm sure it'll be made public in due time (just not by me).
I'm made several posts on the cert process on the half dozen threads related to the 737 MAX - it's like talking to a wall and had no noticeable effect on the number of farcically ill-informed cert related posts. So I decided to stop wasting my time...

Last edited by tdracer; 1st Apr 2019 at 04:10.