PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA flight training regulations
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2019, 16:51
Marekjefrajer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the beginning

Originally Posted by B2N2
Marek, this is getting very convoluted and everybody tries to shout the loudest.
What are you trying to get done exactly?

And yes, many flight schools are Part 61.
See my earlier explanation.
Ok, your answer from 01:07 was useful, but still…
I do not plan obtaining FAA pilot license, I mentioned my job just to make it obvious that I have some level of knowledge of easa regulations. Apart from working I also study at a university and currently write a thesis concerning pilot training under easa and whether it is possible to obtain/provide flight training lessons outside of either an approved training organisation (ATO) or a declared training organisation (DTO), or not. It was told to me that under FAA it might be possible to get flight training "on someones garden", no training organisation, no flight school, with or without training manuals and syllabus previously approved by FAA, while this training can be credited in full to minimum flight requirements for obtaining a pilot license. In other words, to work as a flight instructor under easa, in 99 % of cases you have to work for some training organisation, you cannot provide the training on your own, for example as Mr. Marekjefrajer; Mr. Marekjefrajer has to be employed by some training organisation and provide flight training to students/clients of this organisation. Let’s say that you can be the owner / the only employee of a DTO, but you would still have to have established this training organisation before (establishing of any organisation / school / club is what I am trying to avoid). – as far as I am concerned now, training outside of any school / organisation / flying club etc. (just under a tree, on your own) may be done under Part 61 regulation, is that correct?

Question number two: What is the difference between authorized instructor and certificated flight instructor from the legislative point of view and is there any difference between their rights? LTCTerry answered me this question in the first comment to this topic. However, training for Private pilot (airplane) underpart 61 talks about 20 hours with authorized instructor, the same pilot license under part 141 talks about 20 hours of flight training from a certificated flight instructor... so apparently there must be a difference, otherwise why would FAA have both, if they were the same? And if I become a flight instructor according to training under Part 61 rules, am I an authorized or certificated flight instructor?

I am sorry for being so slow in understanding the topic, firstly I am not so familiar with FAA regulations „logic“ and secondly as a foreign speaker I may understand the meaning of words in definitions, but not 100 % of the message of the definition/regulation... hence I might be asking something that is obvious for you as english speakers.

Last edited by Marekjefrajer; 31st Mar 2019 at 22:52.