PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for the right chinese airline job and agency
Old 31st Mar 2019, 10:34
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for the right chinese airline job and agency

Hello gents(and ladies), I am currently flying for a big european low cost but having it slowly with their ways of bending laws and violating them. I think at the end I could go as well for a chinese job instead, at least there is more money involved.....

Now, I am rated on the 737NG, being in contact with a lady from "Spring Aviation" regarding a screening with Xiamen(thinking about a 4 weeks on/off roster). Last year I had as well brief contact with some guys flying for "Fuzhou" airlines.

From the ads and the agencies they are ALL the best choice in China. We all know that is not true. A fellow collegue of mine gave me once some interesting lecture - "flying upside down" - according this book you have to steer well clear of china and it's airlines. Is the book something that you could say is a general truth for China or is it a collection of many unlucky cases working for the wrong airline. To be honest, I could write a very nice book already about my current airline here in Europe. That would be a good read as well and an eye opener for so many joining this outfit.

It would be great if I could get a bit of info about Xiamen, Fuzhou, any other airlines that might be good and worth a shot. Is considering to go onto a B787, 777 over there realistic and how true are this offers(I am in my late 40's with enough command hours on different airliners, everything between widebody and 50 seater commuter jets)?

Which agency you suggest to a fellow collegue which never really looked into chinese aviation?

Or is it "wiser" to look for the middle east(e.g.Fly Dubai), Korea or Japan?

Very thankful for any reply, as well PM is welcome! Thank you!