PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Software Fixes Due to Lion Air Crash Delayed
Old 30th Mar 2019, 16:20
ecto1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vilters
FBW or manual control has nothing to do with these incidents.

If sensors/systems feed wrong information, to a pilot, an autopilot, an ADC, an MCAS, or whatever system, the aircraft is going down.
Some still don't get it.
I agree, but wise programming in the receiving end will force Murphy to work harder in his sensor breaking job to be able to finally bring the plane down. It shouldn't be like this, but a human pilot software uses much more plausibility checks in his sensor inputs than a computer pilot software. So either we improve digital software or we improve information and skill in the biological software.

Originally Posted by Vilters

The MCAS system was working PERFECTLY and did its JOB very PROUDLY and exactly "as designed to do so". .
I agree also, but MCAS will PROUDLY and exactly "as designed to do" help to bring the aircraft down if, all sensors and systems being 100%, the pilot needs it in a real life situation.

Being it so slow to react, MCAS will leave the "maneuver characteristics" "un-augmented" in the critical first couple of seconds in which the pilot is pulling. And then, if he/she didn't pulled already into a stall because of the unfriendly maneuver characteristics, MCAS will then reduce the loading (when it is already completely unneeded), forcing the pilot to add a steady incremental pull to maintain the g's, an then it will stop doing it suddenly, testing pilot reflexes for the third time.

I wouldn't be such a proud member of the augmentation system's club if i did such a bad job of helping my pilot.