PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changing planes at Changi
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2019, 21:17
Paul Lupp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, especially to SoS.
I've been through Changi before but not for about 8 years, so not having to change terminals is only a slight bonus. I'm going out in mid May; the banks in Malaysia work slowly and bureacratically and it's taken over 2 years to get agreement to sort out what needs to be sorted out after dad passed away. I'll be accompanied by younger daughter, and we will be stopping in Changi on the way back for 3 nights. Am just a little concerned about making the connection as we have had an issue in the past with delayed flights, when we managed to make the connection to Malaysia but our luggage didn't, so it was sleep in the hotel "as-is" and the cases arrived by taxi at the hotel the next morning.

However this time it's different with 2 different airlines that do not have any arrangements between them. Plus I've purchased the tickets through different sources (direct from the 2 airlines involved).
Am kind-of looking forward to the trip but it will be tinged with a great deal of sadness in view of the circumstances..... mum should have been travelling with me but since dad died, she's had one collapse that resulted in a hospital stay over Christmas-New Year 2017-2018 and is too weak to make the trip with me. In fact she was born in Malaya and has UK citizenship (was before it became independent), moved with her family to Singapore and is one of the few remaining people still alive who was interred in Changi prison camp during WWII