PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you got trapped by VOR Holdings......instructions
Old 29th Mar 2019, 14:22
Capt Fedor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger If you got trapped by VOR Holdings......instructions

Gents, for those of whom got unlucky one day and signed up with VOR Holdings and now unable to get rid of them because of slavery contract. Below are the instructions how to do it. Everything below is truly my own experience and I would be glad to help those who need it.
I admit I was so excited to get a job in China so I checked only the payment part of the contract with VOR. That was my fatal mistake. So when I decided to leave them they showed me the contract and said that I either stay with them in china literally forever or leave china. There was no reaction to my demand that this part of the contract is illegal except threats to sue me and also possible threats with legal action to airlines if they let me stay with other agency. I used to work in West Air and in the end of the contract West Air refused to renew contract with me unless I show them the settlement letter from VOR which I of course never got. Here we go: I decided to go till the end and filed legal action against them. The complexity of all this is that it had to be done in the USA and therefore pretty pricey. This is the reason why all of the pilots who contemplated the idea to fight back VOR gave up. I didnt and it took me more than a year to get what I wanted: ruling that the paragraphs of the contract regarding termination and post termination terms are not enforceable. In the end VOR had to compensate me the losses for business interference. If you happen to be in the similar situation pm me to have details.

Last edited by Capt Fedor; 25th May 2019 at 13:53.