PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are the minimum hours in the right hand seat dropping?
Old 29th Mar 2019, 11:46
MickG0105

Received 218 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Yournamehere
Mick, I wasn't starting an argument and nor do I want one. However, I took issue with, and was merely refuting, a clear inference in your post. You're being disingenuous if you now try and say you weren't insinuating that the FO's experience in the ET accident wasn't a contributing factor in the outcome. It's rather clear.
Perhaps you might remind those RAAF correspondents of yours (and the others) that they were low hour pilots/co-pilots themselves once upon a time. Having been in the service (which I deeply respect) is no ticket to a high chair of judgement of those in the airlines. Two guys that were both 12 ship leaders in the RAF I know failed their command courses in a European airline so military talent does not always translate to success in the civilian world. Excellent single seat military pilots have struggled in a multi-crew environment. Similarly, average guys thrive in a team so it takes all sorts.But with regard to putting your comments up to scrutiny - what do you know about the level of training or standards at ET that the guys "chose" to receive?
Once again you are labouring points that I have not made, arguing about things that I have not said and failing to read what I have written.

I have no intention of running a remedial written comprehension class here but if I was I would point out that inferences are something that the reader draws, they are not something that the writer makes; you either missed or deliberately ignored the fact that I stated that the pilots that I have discussed this matter with are 'high hour, very experienced current commercial pilots' - the ones that were in the RAAF have now spent longer in the airlines than they did in the RAAF, they are all Captains, they are well versed in CRM, some are TREs, one holds post-grad qualifications in Human Factors - in sum, they know what they are talking about when it comes to operating in a multi-crew environment, that's where they work; you quote two sentences from me above - neither are misinformed, factually incorrect or illogically reasoned.

And that's me done on this matter with you. This argy-barge is adding nothing to this thread.