PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying To Liverpool
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2003, 22:04
cessna l plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a non based aircraft, I believe the fees are about £18.

As for the entry exit routes,

If you are coming from the south, then entry to the zone will either be chester or oulton park depending on the runway in use.
Chester is not too hard to find (although I am still training, I always seem to find it when I've been out of zone) Once there, route towards Stanlow Oil Refinery (you cannot miss the giant chimneys) Try and avoid overflying it, but there is a retail park to the left. Over this, over the mersey for right base 09. Beware the restricted area though. Keeping the M53 on your left should see you clear.

Oulton park is even easier, as it is in the same place as Whitegates beacon more or less. Beware as this is the exit point for the Manchester low level route south bound, and can be very busy. From there look for the runcorn bridge to the right. This is the ILS approach path for 27 so be careful. As you go over the river, look for the lighthouse on the other side. Flying just to the right of this will send you over Hale village where you can turn 1 mile finals.

Just a short disclaimer, I am but a humble student PPL, currently engaged in flogging the daylights out of the circuit, and it has been a couple of months since I left the zone. But to my inexperienced eyes, it isn't that hard. No doubt others will give greater detaill, and point out anything I have got wrong, but this is my advice, for what its worth.

I think this is about it,