PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What A/C now for BE!
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2001, 03:05
Raw Data

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Nah, ALTSEL, I really can't be bothered!

Meeb, I'll think you'll find that the ppruner you accuse of being a yank is in fact a UK domiciled Aussie (the clue being in the username).

BTW, whatever you think you know about BE, LCY, and the 146- you don't. We resume with a 146 into LCY very soon, replacing the Titan aircraft that has been subbing for us since the EDI 146 was re-deployed for first the new NCL routes, then the new BRU routes. This, not for several months as BIK alleges, but actually only since Gill went down (about ten weeks?) We seem to be one of the few operators without enough aircraft or pilots!

The new Q400 is now in revenue service between EDI and BHX, maybe that is where you got your wires crossed.

Oh, and on the subject of what we get if we don't get the RJX (which has NOT, I repeat NOT yet been decided), I don't think anyone believes that we will go down the the CRJ route (apart from in the dreams of some CRJ crews that is). The A318 (for example) is a far more logical choice for us.

BTW BIK is also potentially wrong on the subject of making money with the respective types, it depends a lot on fleet size and other factors. Why do you think it is all the low-cost carriers operate 737s? Apart from Buzz of course.

If anyone was to ask me what we should get next, I'd say A318/319/320. No contest.

[ 15 December 2001: Message edited by: Raw Data ]