PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPIS: "Cabin Air Contamination"- Ongoing Health & Safety Issue (merged)
Old 27th Oct 2003, 21:19
Blacksheep
Cunning Artificer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I've suffered heavy exposure to Mobil Jet Oil II and other worse nasties such as Skydrol etc. for several years - a lot more than any exposure due to a defect - so far with less effect than that from smoking for example. Had quite a few fuel burns in my time too, from lying around in Jet A1 too long. Thousands of us engineering staff share the same experience. If its so damned toxic why isn't there a documentary all about the terrible effects of commonly used fluids on maintenance personnel? Because nobody cares perhaps? Don't imagine that Health and Safety legislation is suspended when one walks into a hangar. I'm all for safety but I flinch at what looks like yet another way for 'victims' to sue for imaginary damages.

I stand by my comments and do please bear in mind that if you report a defect such as a smell of oil in the cabin we fix it as quickly as possible. We're maintenance, its what we do.

Through difficulties to the cinema