PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jez Cooke ATC Glasgow/Heathrow RIP
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2019, 12:34
Agusta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quality Peasant

RIP Jez - He is already missed at Oxford Airport, the abuse he use to give me, using many words such as 'ugly', 'fat' etc., me telling him he smells and is a "peasant... not any old peasant but a quality peasant". As others have mention he is 'a true Gentleman' and my thoughts are with Paula at this very sad time.

I would like to share 1 or 2 memories with you all. One afternoon I arrived at work and could see a DH Puss Moth parked on the apron. When I entered the Terminal Jez came bouncing up to me and I immediately put two & two together. "Come and see what I have flown in with" with great glee, looking out the window I replied "Should that not be hanging from a Museum Ceiling?"; the abuse, Parent doubting and general non PC comments flooded my way. When ever Jez turned up at Oxford I always use to ask after Paula and enquired whether she had regained her eye sight and seen what she had married; the reply was generally "I do remind her how lucky she was to be married to me" followed by me saying "Oh, her eye sight has not come back then".

Jez you will be missed by us all and I will miss all the great banter we had; God help the Angels now you have your wings.

God Bless.

Last edited by Agusta; 28th Mar 2019 at 15:17.