PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Courier a phone?
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2019, 20:49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Haven't a clue
Any device with a Lion battery is considered dangerous goods and can only be accepted to go on a planes if properly packaged, usually only by the manufacturer in it's original shrink wrapped box. UPS and other couriers do check what is being shipped to ensure that dangerous goods aren't accidentally accepted. My local DHL want to see the contents of any box I ship before they apply a security seal. Even the local post office check to see if the contents of a parcel are safe to fly (ironic really as they send stuff from here to the UK by boat). So couriers are out.
Some courier companies will accept mobile phone with batteries installed for international shipment provided that they are securely packed.
I recently had to send such a phone from the UK to the USA and it had both the battery and SIM card installed and there was no problem sending it with Parcelforce but obviously this policy will vary between countries and couriers.

anxiao, if the phone battery can be removed and a replacement obtained fairly easily, have you considered getting it sent to you like that?