PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2019, 10:08
Legalapproach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy Street et al

Ah yes, the court of opinion that hasn't heard any of the evidence. I have done my best to try and encapsulate the medical position and to try and inform the debate but with limited success. We are all (well some of us) familiar with the more recognisable effects of G and how to combat it. I've experienced A-LOC 'grey out' as it was termed in my day and I could detect it at the time, but we weren't talking about grey out, blackout (or even red out).

The issue of CI in AH's case was a form of hypoxia. Remember the trip to North Luffenham and being put in the altitude Chamber? Remember being tasked to count down from 100 subtracting in 7's, coming off the oxygen, carrying on, oxygen back on and only then noting the gibberish on the clip board? One of the difficulties with hypoxia is the subject not being aware of it at the time. Possible symptoms - feeling of euphoria, sense of confidence?

Onceapilot
Misunderstood or misrepresented - by whom? By the highly respected experts who gave evidence? If you have have read the expert reports (from both sides) and have heard the evidence, please point out the misrepresentations (assuming you are confident that you are not libeling the medical experts by suggesting deliberate misrepresentation on oath) because I would be fascinated to know how we got it so wrong and Pprune gets it so right.