PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737MAX Stab Trim architecture
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2019, 01:52
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
There was a post on the 'Ethiopian' thread - which I'm sure you'll know, is covering both crashes - which showed a jpg ?? of a document spelling out the changes in the switches. As I understood it, it indeed said the switches in the MAX are now simply in series, a protection against switch welding on, and so forth. There was now not the option of Auto Pilot once even one of these switches were activated. Or, the AP no longer is routed through the switches.

The main issue now is to be sure either one of them cuts the motor/gearbox supply to the H Stabilizer, and indeed if that certainly stops the use of the thumb trim control of same.

IIRC, on the same sheet, they mentioned the REMOVAL of the rear (hidden) switch, in each of the columns) Making the point that since the MAX, reacting with a rearward nudge no longer had certain functionality. It must be said that there have been some counters to this information during subsequent posts, despite it explaining a lot if true.

Due to moderating making the page numbers change, I gave up any attempt at note-making - and even that page may have gone. I'll try and find it - but it will be on the morrow.