PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Diamond DA42 Down in New Zealand
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2019, 01:26
MitrePeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by towerguy
I know for a fact that neither boy was that way inclined. Both were serious about their flying and working very hard toward professional careers.One was a B cat and the other just approaching his B cat test. They were not fresh new C cats. Something has gone wrong, whether mechanical, material or just an outright mistake we will have to await the outcome of the investigation - or we may never even know. I do know that I have an enormous void in my life now - one that no parent should ever have. I will issue my son his final takeoff clearance on Friday at 2pm.

My condolences to you, 30 years ago I survived a fatal crash in a light aircraft. Every time I hear of a light aircraft accident like this, it brings it all back. I was in my mid 20s. In the following years I lost a number of friends and colleagues in the same way. Just remember they were doing something they loved and were passionate about.
They got to live their dream. Sadly, it ended too soon. As important as it is to find out 'why', for the Aviation community, it is also important to focus on their achievements. Two young men following their dreams,..PPL,CPL, B/C Cat. Instructors,..they did well in their short time with us. As we all know, taking to the sky has it's risks, but the joy of flight is so thrilling that we gladly do it anyway. ..30 years ago I wrote a quote in my logbook by author/Pilot Richard Bach
" Those of us who fly have our debts to pay "..
I hope that as time goes on you can focus on those achievements and how they gave of their knowledge to others.
Best wishes..