PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish Air Corps aircrew caught up in Syrian bride-to-return
Old 26th Mar 2019, 22:03
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No sympathy..

There was an interesting piece on BBC Radio 4 [the Today programme?] the other day where they interviewed, in an Amsterdam coffee shop, a number of local Muslims who have made their home in The Netherlands. When asked if they supported the idea of Shamima Begum coming to their country, courtesy of being 'married' to a Dutch national, to a person they said "NO".

The most telling comment was from one (deliberately un-named) of them who said..

"So her Jihadi holiday went wrong, and now she wants to come back..... No, we DON'T want her here".. Says it all.

There are many good Muslims, like my neighbour here who brings us some amazing food sometimes and accepts the fact we have a dog, I do what I can to help her and we get on very well as mutually respectful adults.

And then there are the radicals .. on BOTH sides, who only fuel pointless hatred, pain and suffering. Shoot THEM, not the moderates, and the world will be a much happier place.

CS