PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2019, 20:28
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Reversethrustset
The American domestic market is a completely different beast to the UK domestic market, infact they are so far removed from each other I don't see where any comparisons can be made at all.
Rivet Joint, your foresight is truly astounding, how you don't hold a senior strategic management role within a major world airline is equally, if not more astounding. Your talents are wasted.
not sure where I compared the two markets? I was merely pointing out that the A220 should be the most sought after piece of kit. The 737s core design dates back to the 60s, and the A320 to the 80s. It’s quite amazing that the A220 is the only nareowbody created this century considering its 2018, but more so that airlines are not jumping over themselves to buy it. Now airbus is in the driving seat, there is no uncertainty over the project, and a second production line is being added. Connect backed by virgin/delta could steal a march on the competition by adding the A220. I fully suspect Easyjet to end up with a large fleet of A220s, also BA. These are just my thoughts though, but I feel confident about my prediction holding up. No doubt the current Flybe management will probably have to go for such a revolutionary step to be taken though.