PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Little Airbus Sucks!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2001, 20:34
320DRIVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>2. The brakes are terrible!

If you are not satisfied with the brakes, you should report it to your techs and have it fixed if it is a safety concern.

>3. The F/A call bell...wow!

Didn't get this point? Please explain.

>5. The FMC is half-ass developed!

What are you compating it too?

>6. The airplane over speeds in a descent, yes in DES. I was told to use selected speed. Are they still working on the A/P?

Managed descent works fine as long as you take the effort enter the correct descent winds.

>7. Continuous erroneous ECAM messages. Can anybody tell me which status messages should appear after a normal shutdown at the gate?

Again, This is an issue to take up with your techs. Our A319/20/21 are very reliable in this respect,

>9. Convoluted emergency procedures!!!

Seems fine to me. Maybe your Training Dept. still needs to get accustomed to the Airbus procedures, but you'll get there!

>10. Rides terribly in turbulence!

Have to agree but no big difference from the B737 series.

>11. The airplane whistles in high speed descents! Pitot tubes, windshield frames or what?

Again, I agree.

>12. The tail or something else vibrates at high q. I was told not to worry about it. But, these airplanes are brand new..

Never seen this on our aircraft.

>13. The airplane climbs like a dog when heavy!!

Well, it is trying to climb at M.78... Reducing to M.76 for the final part of the climb would be helpful in many cases.

>14. The radio tuning volumes are unbalanced.

Dunno what you mean here.

Anyways, enjoy flying the 'Bus. :-)