PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR paramedic recruitment advice 2018
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2019, 12:58
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
I still don’t get your point Crab? As hot LZ has pointed out the winchman on the job you picked as an example of a tough Deck was not an ex military trained TC.
Yes, - and my point is that he was trained well, military or not, and I suspect not under the present contract.

The present contract has a certain number of training hours which are for existing crews to retain skills and currency, not for training up new people from scratch - I believe the MCA have already asked questions over the use of the training hours they pay for being used incorrectly.

So we come back to the question of how many hours training will be dedicated to the cadets? I thought Bristow were supposed to have set up a SAR training 'academy' but they have been so busy converting to 139 and then to 189, I don't see much evidence of it.

The idea of training new SAR TC is great but it needs money thrown at it to do it properly - ie with the high internal standards you mentioned in Bristow SAR and the Mil - not a search for the cheapest route to fill a seat to meet the contract.