PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA lands at WRONG airport - Edinburgh instead of Dusseldorf
Old 26th Mar 2019, 00:32
31Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotel Tango
In regard to cabin crew checking boarding cards, I cannot speak for British companies. However, this side of the channel it is my experience that cabin crew never check boarding cards. As far as they are concerned that has been done electronically at the gate and any anomaly flagged at that point. Only when I fly long haul on twin aisled aircraft do cabin crew check boarding cards at the door, and this is only to check your seat number and guide you to the correct aisle.

Same here. Not once have cabin crew checked my boarding card (on my phone) while boarding. At the gate it’s scanned and then I walk to the aircraft and enter via the door mentioned on the card or as guided on the way by sign. The crew then say hello as I’ve boarded but no check done. The only time I’ve had it checked is on long haul twin aisle, and then it’s uaualky just to guide me to the seat number and which aisle to use.

So the gate staff will have been checking/scanning for DUS, but the crew planning for EDI ��*♀️