PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA lands at WRONG airport - Edinburgh instead of Dusseldorf
Old 25th Mar 2019, 23:26
WingNut60

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Impress to inflate
Hang on, hang on.......when I board a flight, I have to show my boarding card to the cabin crew at the main door to prove I'm entitled to be ON THAT FLIGHT, on that day to the planned flights destination. Why didn't the cabin crew pick up on the fact that EVERY pax boarding card said Dusseldorf and not Edinburgh?? Who's runs the brief here ? I would imagine that the cabin crew and flight crew would have a pre-pax boarding brief detailing, destination, special needs pax (wheel chairs, etc) pax numbers etc etc etc
The check on boarding is perfunctory at best and cabin crew are mainly looking at seat allocation, especially for wide-bodies and appropriate aisle.
Putting any faith in manual checking of all boarding pass details at the cabin door is a bit much to ask.
But if all of the passengers have a boarding pass to wrong destination you would think that might get noticed.

I have twice boarded (been allowed to board) the wrong aircraft; both times after a gate change.
Luckily picked up when the lady in my seat wouldn't let me sit in her lap.