PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N Reg; A Flag of Convenience?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2019, 13:26
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Mike Flynn

I can do so by three examples relating to my own aircraft which is on the N register and is registered under one of these trusts. As has been pointed out elsewhere, it is a requirement under US law that the aircraft be registered to a US entity and that is the only reason for this structure.

1. Shortly after my aircraft was ferry flown from the US to England, I received a letter to my home postal address from the Canadian Aviation Authority wanting payment of en route navigation charges.

2. A few months ago, I was involved in an airprox in Germany when a microlight pilot flew across the track of an ILS on which I was being vectored. Within a week, I had received an email to my personal email address from the German equivalent of the AAIB asking for my account of what happened and for copies of my relevant documents.

3. Depending on the routes in Europe that I fly, I occasionally receive invoices to my home address for navigation charges.

In all of these cases, the only possible source of this information is from my N number.

I hope this helps!