PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA research into Age limitations final report released
Old 25th Mar 2019, 13:05
NoelEvans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why on Earth would you want to fly past 65????
Originally Posted by Uplinker

a) You work for a good airline with good terms and conditions and sensible rosters.

b) You have kept yourself fit and healthy through lifestyle choices, diet and regular exercise, and feel more like 55 not 65.

c) You love the job and are still fully competent to perform your duties.

d) Your brain is still sharp and you still have lots of energy and a zest for life.

e) The routes you fly and the airports you fly to and from are largely stress free.

f) You have mortgages, children at University, parents in care homes, to pay for.

g) The UK government won’t pay your state pension until you are 67/68 66.

If a pilot was working for a low cost outfit that worked its pilots to the max, with 6-on, 2-off rosters and 4 sector days, very early starts or very late finishes, and/or terrible T’s and C’s, no food, no crew welfare etc, then one would probably not want to continue.

But others like Capt Bayley, who fly long-haul to the Caribbean four times a month or whatever, life might be very good and enjoyable; So why not continue - as long as one can still do the job competently.

@BGQ; Good post

Uplinker, Excellent post! I have amended your list to suit my circumstances. And my life is very good and enjoyable.