PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2019, 10:58
Treble one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CI defence elicits a whole host of questions does it not Legalapproach?

When did it begin? This is critical of course-was it before the start of the manoeuvre, or during it? If the pilot felt 'a bit odd' should he not just have abandoned the display, and if he didn't is that not negligence to continue flying it?
If CI was a contributory factor to the event, then what are the odds of a qualified display pilot, who is medically fit and has otherwise shown no similar symptoms over many years display flying, suffering such an event at that very moment, causing the catastrophic consequences it did? Holes. Cheeses. Lots. I would argue a miniscule probability.
And it seems to me (although I am no expert) that this CI incident must have been quite short lived, as it seems that the pilot was pulling quite hard at the end of the manoeuvre, when he realised he was going to end up running out of airspace? Presumably the CI incident was over then, as his judgement seemed to be restored at that point?

Just for the record-I have no connection with anyone affected by the Shoreham incident. I usually attend the airshow (in the airfield) but did not that year. My friend was attending and he messaged me with the details of the incident shortly after it occurred. I am merely interested in the legal process.