PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Executive
Thread: Qatar Executive
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2019, 09:01
FlyingBE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by C212-100
Hi,

The roster type in QE is 22 ON /8 OFF, 22 ON /8 OFF, 22 ON /16 OFF. On you ON days you are on 24/7 full SBY and on your OFF days (8 or 16) you can travel wherever you want using ID tickets on QR mainline and some partner companies. Your are entitled to a company accomodation or an accomodation allowance. I believe you also get a (small) compensation allowance to cover for the 24H SBY you are supposed to be during your ON days.

I love business aviation and if you manage to get into one of the good type - like Gulfstream large cabins are - it is as good as it gets. Nevertheless, to jump ships from the Orange LoCo as an FO and not waiting for your command is a bit of a nonsense. Wait for your command, grab some experience on the LHS and only then think about trying Business Aviation. Aviation is all about command experience on a proper aircraft, even more when we are talking about the large cabins business aviation.

To move to QE as a non-rated FO is not a very smart move, in my humble opinion.

Regards,
C

Super Thank you very much for your time and clear informations. I think you are right about command process, just sometimes I think that when you have your command in a good company on the 320 are you really willing to move somewhere else, to try a new adventure.
Thank you very much for your time