PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot spectacle lenses ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2019, 07:25
aviator777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed on the transition lenses, they work well, technology has changed and they are faster to change to varying light, but sometimes not dark enough. Multi-focals work well for me (required for distance and mid-range), I went top grade ($$$) lenses with a wide field of view. Also use prescription sunglasses with multi-focal lenses, which are great, and with polarising, perfect for most daylight conditions. I have never had issues reading LCD displays including an iPAd through 360 degrees of rotation. Even the mobile screen is fine for working positions, the polarisers go black at 45 degree angles of rotation only. For me the benefits of polarised are worth it.

The Serengeti driver range with photocromatic lenses was my choice until my eyesight required multi-focals. Prior to that, contacts and non prescription Serengetis worked beautifully!

As for overhead panels, yes multi-focal tri-focals would be great, or some half moon frames but that would limit the area of useful lens area for multi-focal graduation from far to near. I just slide the frames down a little and peer over the top.