PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Executive
Thread: Qatar Executive
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2019, 11:27
C212-100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingBE
Hi guys,

I can't find any infos about Qrex, and i would like to know a bite more. I'm a 320 FO in Europe in a orange low-cost , quite interested by the NON TYPE RATED FO G650 that Qatar executive advertise at the moment. But to be honest is very hard to find any informations about Rotser Patern, Salaries, ... I don't mind to be on 20/10, if at the other side i've "Staff ticket", Accomodations and a decent salary ... Just i would like to find a correct informations. Maybe someone of you know a bite more about the life as a Qrex pilot, and would be happy to send me a private message.

HappyLandings
Hi,

The roster type in QE is 22 ON /8 OFF, 22 ON /8 OFF, 22 ON /16 OFF. On you ON days you are on 24/7 full SBY and on your OFF days (8 or 16) you can travel wherever you want using ID tickets on QR mainline and some partner companies. Your are entitled to a company accomodation or an accomodation allowance. I believe you also get a (small) compensation allowance to cover for the 24H SBY you are supposed to be during your ON days.

I love business aviation and if you manage to get into one of the good type - like Gulfstream large cabins are - it is as good as it gets. Nevertheless, to jump ships from the Orange LoCo as an FO and not waiting for your command is a bit of a nonsense. Wait for your command, grab some experience on the LHS and only then think about trying Business Aviation. Aviation is all about command experience on a proper aircraft, even more when we are talking about the large cabins business aviation.

To move to QE as a non-rated FO is not a very smart move, in my humble opinion.

Regards,
C