PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Durham Tees Valley-7
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2019, 01:12
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamesair
That may be a political spending decision made by the Government of the day but the source of the money remains the same. Governments of whatever colour make political decisions on how to spend in accordance with their political agenda.
Having followed this story for years and , I genuinely feel sorry for all of you who of course not only support your local airport .
But it's your right as with all ' public transport' , This is a point government forgets , public transport is a necessity and a right - from reopening wrongly closed rail lines to this situation.

Why is Alicante for example a bad idea , if offered they'd have to take it, because as car use costs increase. Plus more and more conjestion, getting to Newcastle from the south ,the road to it is nigh on impossible due to traffic volumes . I don't know about public transport to it.

But Teeside it's catchment area must have potential, I fear it's slow decline was down solely to mismanagement imho.

For the future , another ' Hub ' Destination would be good, for example Dublin , preclears ' US Immigration , so a Stobart air service to Dublin should do very well.
A London route should also do well , Southend likely if again Stobart air offer any routes , which we can but hope.
It would be a strange move not to .

So I guess the question to you guys up there , if you could have any destination served ( it has to be in the realm of possibility) but what would work well , could the above ' suggestions I made ' work with Stobart, starting small say using I'd guess an ATR? .