PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB report on MD83 high speed abort after VR due jammed elevator
Old 21st Mar 2019, 08:20
bafanguy

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs
I'm only going to say this one more time.
Get out on the stairs and tell your effo to push and pull to the stops. I bet you'll see the elevators moving. There must be some sort of followup from the control tab circuit that moves the elevator.
Capn B,

I'm always happy to stand corrected. Despite a rather embarrassing amount of exposure to the -9/-80 series, there will always be something I don't know. I'd never heard of such a follow-up on the elevator control mechanism. Just in the interest of intellectual curiosity, would you happen to have a schematic or diagram you can post showing that elevator follow-up mechanism ?

As a further variation on a theme, if the augmenter were removed from the equation (deplete the accumulator, I guess), would pushing the control column full nose down also move the elevators down via such a follow-up ?

POMs have always been rather sparse in such details but time and happenstance will always offer a time when knowing such fine points might have been valuable.