PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2019, 01:48
KT1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just saw this thread and what I can really not believe is how it is possible they get so many students (especially after reading how many planes they got, even much smaller schools in Poland have 2 multi engine planes for ME/IR rating). The marketing must be the cause, since when I decided in 2017 I do not wish to be a lawyer and live in Norway for the rest of my life and instead realize my big dream the only schools that appeared were the Norwegian one in Sandefjord and BAA...... Happily I got the idea that there must be some flight schools in Poland (so I checked through Google) and happily found some schools and chose one that I am very satisfied with (right now not even all aircraft are in continuous use and there are already plans to get 3 more (before the season) on good weather days since people can book when they want to fly a week in advance, and you always get at least 3 slots per week (sometimes 5) if you are available all the time).

I just can not believe how so many people can pay 72 000 Euro for the integrated course if the only difference is some ground-school for the ATPL exams, its definitely cheaper to employ a private teacher if you need it for the subjects. As for guaranteed jobs, well if failing to get any job in the airlines its still cheaper to p2f than to pay for an integrated course.

I actually believe that any random school in Poland will be better than what is described in this thread so if you do not prefer Warszawa check Lodz or Poznan schools before paying 72 000 Euro or 100 000 Euro or even more at integrated schools. For the difference in price you can have 5 or even 10 teachers giving you private ATPL lessons until you pass and still have a lot of money left. And theory ground-school is the only difference between 0-ATPL+FI and integrated course (theory that is usable in practical flying is taught perfectly and examined before you are allowed to fly solo or to build hours after achieving PPL(A) ).